Posted by Shadow on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 9:42pm.
Write the slope-intercept form of an equation of the line that passes through the given point and is parallel to the graph of each equation.
1. (3,2), y=x + 5
2.(4,-6),y=-3/4x + 1
Could you guy check if these are the answer?
3.y=5/4x + 12
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 9:50pm
A quick way to see if you were right would have been to sub in the given point in your new equation.
If it satisfies, you're ok.
That is how I checked your equations.
- Math - Shadow, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 9:55pm
Could do use one of mine and show me how you check it? Thanks
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 10:06pm
point (-8,2) , your equation y = (5/4)x + 12
= (5/4)x + 12
= (5/4)(-8) + 12
= -40/4 + 12
= -10 + 12
Left side = Right side,
everything is good.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Algebra 1 - Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- Algebra - Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- Algebra2 - Write an equation for the line in point/slope form and slope/...
- Algebra - graph the equation x-3=y (where do I plot the points?) find the ...
- Algebra - i am having problems understanding.... i don't know how to put it so i...
- math - I have a few question so I will number them off. Please answer them for ...
- Algebra 1 ( bobpursley) - 1. Write an equation in slope-intercept form for the ...
- Math - Please help - (Write an equation in slope intercept form of the line that...