Posted by Sara on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 9:01pm.
"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay,
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash, and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more--that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is---Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"
What line from this poem is powerful enought to get any reader's attention?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- peggy and tania - psychology - MY QUESTION: DO YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I TOLD PEGGY...
- English - - Honey, what a smell? - The baby pooed. I have to change the diaper. ...
- Social Studies - What is one way that the people have changed the environment in...
- Psychology - A man feels anxious and a little sick to his stomach when he walked...
- physics - wet means lubrication. One of those is not wet. There is no difference...
- English - The school nurse's sick note is on the table. (What is 'sick note'? ...
- Chemistry - What volume of “wet” methane would have to be collected at 20.0 oC ...
- Social Studies - 1. The climate along the equator in Africa is ____. A. hot and ...
- English - Identify the sentence that uses the present perfect progressive tense ...
- English - 1. Ann commanded/ordered that he (should) go there. 2. Ann suggested/...