Posted by Sara on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 7:35pm.
Are there any other specific lines of poems, or a line of a poem which made any one of you from the deep inside just feel overwhelmed?
If you have any then please do list them down here, thank you very much:-)
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 7:41pm
This above all -- to thine own self be true. -- Shakespeare
And I took the path less traveled by. -- Frost
- English - Sara, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 7:56pm
Could you please tell me what shakespeare's line means. I get what Frost means.
And I took that path less traveled by.
This whole poem talks about choosing between two different decisions in life. It is about choosing the correct, or uncorrect path, and getting to be fortunate, or unfortunate. Basically the two roads symbolise choices in life.
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 8:08pm
The Shakespeare quote comes from Hamlet.
- English - Sara, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 8:15pm
I have never read shakespeare's poems. I really want to get a chance in class to do a project on this poet. It would be very interesting and amusing to learn about such a famous person.
About his line:
This above all -- to thine own self be true
Is it saying to be true to your word. Always go on the right path; not lying, cheating or anything. Is it basically saying to be pur from within;devoted.
- English - Sara, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 8:16pm
sorry I meant be pure from within
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 8:19pm
You're right. :-)
Hamlet is a play written in verse. The first Shakespearean play that most students read is Romeo and Juliet.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Does anyone know any specific poems or a website with poems that may ...
- Englsih II - Review the poems we have studied in this unit and select the one ...
- english - Can you check my poem if it has 10 syllables per line and any other ...
- statistical probability411 - Please help. I didn't get the right answer with ...
- English - I'm doing questions on the poem called "You are reading this too fast...
- Poems - Open-End poem with a metaphor. Choose a metaphor. Use the primary word ...
- english/poem - I am suppose to do a funny sonnet poem that has 10 syllables per ...
- algebra probability34 - Your English teacher has decided to randomly assign ...
- English - Read the dialogue. Then rewrite the dialogue on the lines. Add ...
- Poems - I won the competition for poems to go on tho grade or school!!!!!! I won...