Posted by christopher on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:55pm.
A survey revealed that 4 out of 5 people prefer vanilla ice cream to chocolate. In a class of 30 how many students are likely to prefer chocolate ice cream?
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:57pm
1/5 = x/30
Cross multiply and solve:
5x = 30
x = ?
Math - Jill, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:58pm
I'm pretty sure it's 24.
Because you figure 30/5=6 So then just take the 6 and times it by the 4. 4*6=24
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:59pm
Nope. 24 prefer vanilla.
The question asks about preferences for chocolate.
Math - Jill, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 5:03pm
oh, ok! wow..way to not read directions. my bad.
Math - manan, Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 9:55am
I GUESS IT'S 6 AS 4/5 PREFER VANILLA.THEN,4/5*30=24 AND 30 - 24=6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Data math help 7th - Jeri asked 40 random students at his school to name their ...
- Math - Barry asked 30 random students at his school to name their favorite ice ...
- stats - An ice cream vendor sells three flavors: chocolate, strawberry, and ...
- algebra 1 - A survey at a local school showed that 38% of the students chose ...
- math help azap - The two-way table shows poll results for preferred flavor of ...
- Probability - At an ice cream ship, customers can order a sundae with 1 type of ...
- math - Max. He and his four friends are having ice cream. There are only three ...
- math - We know that 65% of all Americans prefer chocolate over vanilla ice cream...
- Algebra! - An ice cream parlor sells sundaes with 3 different type of ice cream ...
- Math 6 - n ice cream stand sells chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream as...