Posted by Treema on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 9:37am.
is this not a thesis statement ?
Various approaches to prevent steroids in sports have not been successful because athletes are now using hard-to-detect growth hormones to enhance performance.
I mean I don't see how this isnt a argument
Eng - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 10:06am
Can you see that it is merely a statement of fact? For an argument you need to "pick a fight." Now if you said "Clear X should NOT be the case......" someone will debate the other side = "Wrong, it SHOULD because......"
Eng - Treema, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 10:40am
But I thought thesis statements cannot have "should"
Eng - GuruBlue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 10:59am
you need to change your approach. For instance, Steroid use by athletes should not be grounds for denying competitive opportunities. Then you can use various arguments to support that.
Eng - Treema, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 12:06pm
Meaning .. ?
Eng - GuruBlue, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 12:42pm
What is it exactly that you don't understand.
These two sites will explain what a thesis statement should do and how it is constructed.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I don't know exactly what Im trying to prove anymore with this thesis ...
- ENGLISH - Various approaches to prevent steroids in sports have not been ...
- English - Drug testing before and after games hasn't changed the number of ...
- English - Is this a good thesis statement or is it too broad with the 4th ...
- English - is the following statement using a regular or irregular verb and why ...
- writing - 1. Identify the thesis statement in the article “Essay: The ...
- English - Steroids in the world of Athletes In the last decade many records ...
- spell - Steroids in the world of athletes. In the last decade many records have ...
- English - Some athletes have taken drug tests to prove they are not on steroids...
- grammar 5 - Using regular and irregular verbs 5a. Some athletes have taken drug ...