Posted by Tiffany on Monday, April 12, 2010 at 9:02pm.
1. Everywhere is an adverb, but could find is a verb.
2. Right -- but there's another adverb.
3. Soon is an adverb, but it doesn't modify time (a noun).
4. Your adverbs are right, but questions is a noun.
8. Steep is an adjective.
10. Correct adverb -- but who is a pronoun.
11. The first half is right, but enthusiastic is an adjective. You missed the short adverb that tells when.
13. Do is a helping verb.
1. NOT MODIFIES FIND
2. BALL MODIFIES THREW
3. SOON MODIFIES SLEEP
4. FIRMLY, POLITELY MODIFIES ASKED
8. FOR MODIFIES MARKED
10. NOW MODIFIES ON
11. NOW MODIFIES IS
12. UNUSUALLY MODIFIES SEEMED
13. I DON'T KNOW DID IS THE VERB COULD THE ADVERB BE NEXT?
2. Oops -- I made a mistake. Your first answer is correct.
8. Nope. Rather is the adverb, modifying the adjective steep.
10. Nope. Now modifies the verb is.
12. Unusually modifies the adjective short.
13. Right. The adverb is next, modifying the verb, did do.
You're very welcome.
Grammar - He holds fast to his conviction that the world is out to get him. (...
Grammar - I will never go there again," she said. adverb = out modifies is ...
Grammar - adverb: A) Modifies a verb, adjective, or another adverb. B) Modifies ...
Grammar - The gentleman was unusually talkative when he came out of the ...
grammar - What the adverb that modifies the adverb in the sentence. She drives ...
Grammar - **Are the adverbs and adjectives correct? **Are there any other ...
English - A special ceremony called The Ceremony of the Keys is performed there ...
language arts - Keep away from the acids in the science room. what is the adverb...
English - The three gates of the Tower are securely locked by the Chief Warder, ...
language arts - Promises should "always" be kept. "always" ...
For Further Reading