Posted by Rosedala on Monday, April 12, 2010 at 3:58pm.
Whichh is cheaper of the 2 following boxes?:
One liter (1000 ml) per bottle, 12 in a box: $60 per box
Three quarter (750 ml) liter per bottle, 12 in a box: $40 per box
thank you so very much!
- Arithmetic - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 12, 2010 at 4:24pm
1,000 ml * 12 = ?
Divide 60 by the above number to get the cost per ml.
750 ml * 12 = ?
Divide 40 by the above number to get the cost per ml.
- Arithmetic - Rosedala, Monday, April 12, 2010 at 4:58pm
I'm sorry Ms. Sue, but I'm an arithmetic-challenged adult and my face is quite red:
I divided 60 by 1000 and got 0.06
Did the same with 40 and got 0.0533
How do I know which is cheaper since the 2nd one has less content (only 3/4 of liter as opposed to one full liter?
Please forgive my taking your time again, and thanks so very much! :o)
- Arithmetic - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 12, 2010 at 5:05pm
1000 * 12 is not 1000
1000 * 12 = 12,000
60/12,000 = $0.005 per ml.
The way to compare these is to find the cost per ml.
What is the cost per ml for the other box?
- Arithmetic - Rosedala, Monday, April 12, 2010 at 5:17pm
Thank Ms. Sue!
I multiplied 750 x 12 = 9000
I divided 9000 by 12 = 0.00666
So...the smaller bottles are then more expensive despite the fact that the price tag is lower.
Thanks again a lot! :-)
- Arithmetic - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 12, 2010 at 5:27pm
Why did you divide 9,000 by 12?
You need to divide 9,000 ml by the total cost.
- Arithmetic - Rosedala, Monday, April 12, 2010 at 5:40pm
Oh I'm sorry (I'll never get this into my cerebrum!)...
The lower price tag is indeed cheaper. This time I got 0.00444. This makes it one tenth of a cent cheaper?
I'll write this little formula for my future purchases. Thank you so much!
- Arithmetic - Rachael, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 11:28am
1 litre per bottle
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - there are54 bottle caps in a box.Nicole has 8 bottle caps in a bag.Marvin...
- calculus - A company wants to bid on an order of 20,000 square based boxes which...
- Science last question - Which of the following boxes would have the strongest ...
- College Algebra - Staples recently charged $17.99 per box of Pilot Precise ...
- science - suppose we have 10 liters of water in a 20 liter bucket and we ...
- math - A certain brand of cereal costs $3.25 per box before sales tax is added. ...
- Calculus Word Problem - A farmer wishes to build a fence for 6 adjacent ...
- math - the same cereal costs $3.99 per box at one store, $3.25 at another store ...
- Math - Hi, I have two questions here I need help with, thank you in advance. 1. ...
- math - have 10 boxes each box contains 50 peices and we're selling for 8.00 per ...