Posted by curtis on Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 6:11pm.
The equlibrium constant Kc for the reaction: has the value of 4.00 at 500K. If a mixture of 1.00 mol CO and 1.00 mol H2O is allowed to reach equilibrium at this temperature in a 1.00L flask, calculate the equilibrium concentrations of each species in the flask.
- Chemistry II - DrBob222, Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 7:15pm
You should have shown the reaction. I assume it is
CO(g) + H2O(g) ==>H2(g) + CO2(g)
If not, just ignore what follows.
Set up an ICE chart and solve.
CO = 1.00 mol/L
H2O = 1.00 mol/L
CO2 = 0
H2 = 0
CO = -x
H2O = -x
H2 = x
CO2 = x
CO = 1-x
H2O = 1-x
CO2 = x
H2 = x
Post your work if you get stuck.
- Chemistry II - curtis, Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 11:38am
What is x in this equation and is is 4.0 Kc?
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - Consider the reaction HCHO(g) *) H2(g) + CO(g). 1.0 mol of HCHO, 1.0...
- Physical Science - In a certain reaction 1.5 mol of CO and 1.5 mol of H2O are ...
- Chemistry - When CO2(g) (0.009242 mol/L) and 0.009242 mol/L of H2(g) in a 460.0 ...
- Chemistry - Consider the reaction: CO(g) + H2O (g) <---> CO2(g)+H2(g) ...
- College Chemistry - The initial concentration for the compounds involved in the ...
- Chemistry - When CO2(g) (0.118 mol/L) and H2(g) (3.90 mol) in a 33.0 L reaction ...
- chemistry - A mixture consisting of 1 mol of H2O (g) and 1 mol CO (g) is placed ...
- chemistry - 1. A solution of sodium oxalate has a pH of 7.82. The [OH-] in mol/L...
- equilbrium II - when CO2 (.15mol) and H2 (.302g) in a 500L vessel at 576'C are ...
- Chemistry - A mixture containing 0.5 mol of H2 (g) and 0.5 mol of I2 (g) was ...