Posted by jade. on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 11:51pm.
NO CLUE how TO DO THIS PROBLEM
EXPLANATION AND ANSWERS?
WE RECENTLY LEARNED TO DO Y=km^x+b IF THAT HELPS!
You are a mathematician for a major movie company. You are figuring projected sales for their newest movie, which is currently being filmed. You find that as filming starts 1.6 million dollars have already been spent and that after two months 5.4 million have been spent. Assume that the cost of the movie varies exponentially with the number of months it takes to film it.
A. Define the variables and write the particular equation.
B. The movie takes a total of 5 months to film. How much will it cost?
C. Use you model to predict the cost of Semmens vs. Smith Part XXI, which took 1 year to film.
D. The movie the Pirates of the swamp, the curse of Winkel and Arthofer cost 25 million to film. How long did it take to film?
math - drwls, Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 1:29am
Y(cost, in millions) = k * m^x
(x = # of months)
Since Y = 1.6 at t = 0,
1.6 = k
Since Y = 5.4 at t = 2,
5.4 = k*m^2
m^2 = 3.375
m = 1.837
Y = 1.6 *1.837^x
If x = 5, Y = 33.5 million
x=12, Y = 2362 million
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 3. I didn't see the movie Star Wars. - Me neither. - I saw the movie. ...
- English - 1. How about going to see a movie? 2. Why don't we go to see a movie? ...
- Sociology - Watch the movie Remember the Titans Analyze at least one problem or ...
- math, correction - A cable tv company charges $50 for the basic service plus $10...
- English - 1. Shall we have some pizza at the pizza house? 2. Shall we have some ...
- math - How do i estimate the number of ticket sales needed before the movie can ...
- math - A video game store charges a monthly membership fee of $7.50 but the ...
- Statistics - Ticket sales for opening night of a movie have a mean of $2100 with...
- history - In the movie 'Matewan', who wrote the letter to the company? also, who...
- English - 1. What did you think about the movie? - I thought it ws very sad. I ...