Posted by jade. on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 11:51pm.
NO CLUE how TO DO THIS PROBLEM
EXPLANATION AND ANSWERS?
WE RECENTLY LEARNED TO DO Y=km^x+b IF THAT HELPS!
You are a mathematician for a major movie company. You are figuring projected sales for their newest movie, which is currently being filmed. You find that as filming starts 1.6 million dollars have already been spent and that after two months 5.4 million have been spent. Assume that the cost of the movie varies exponentially with the number of months it takes to film it.
A. Define the variables and write the particular equation.
B. The movie takes a total of 5 months to film. How much will it cost?
C. Use you model to predict the cost of Semmens vs. Smith Part XXI, which took 1 year to film.
D. The movie the Pirates of the swamp, the curse of Winkel and Arthofer cost 25 million to film. How long did it take to film?
- math - drwls, Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 1:29am
Y(cost, in millions) = k * m^x
(x = # of months)
Since Y = 1.6 at t = 0,
1.6 = k
Since Y = 5.4 at t = 2,
5.4 = k*m^2
m^2 = 3.375
m = 1.837
Y = 1.6 *1.837^x
If x = 5, Y = 33.5 million
x=12, Y = 2362 million
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- FRL - The Torrey Pine Corporation's purchases from suppliers in a quarter are ...
- Math - The total sales of a company in 2008 were $45,000. In 2011, it grew to $...
- math - The Recall Computer Company has six territories, each represented by one ...
- marketing - Your team has been hired by ABC company’s senior management to ...
- Accounting - Sherman's interiors sells lamps. At March 31, the company had 400 ...
- math - The sweater shop projected income this year will be 69,000. That amount ...
- business - The Recall Computer Company has six territories, each represented by ...
- math - If payless projected income this year will be 69000.00. That amount ...
- Finance - Iron Man Products has projected the following sales for the coming ...
- Math - I'm having trouble with a math problem: I solved it but I have to make ...