Posted by Bart on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:29pm.
A 6-pack of 4oz containers of yogaurt costs 2.99. what is the unit price in cents per ounce? Round to the nearest hundredths of a cent.
First I would take 6 x 4 = 24 oz. Then I would divide 2.99/24 and get an answer of .1245833.
Would my answer be 12 cents/oz or 13 cents/oz
Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:35pm
Your instructions say to round to the nearest hundredths of a cent.
.1245833 = $0.1246
twelve and forty-hundredths of a cent.
Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:38pm
twelve cents and forty-six hundredths
Math - Bart, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 10:06pm
I do not understand the 46 hundredeths. isn't the 2 in the hundredths?
Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 10:13pm
The 2 is hundredths of a dollar.
12 cents = $0.12
To get hundredths of a cent you need $0.1246
Math - Bart, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 11:05pm
For the first time ever I understand. Thank you very much. Your correction helped me out immensely.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A 6 pack of 4oz. containers of yogurt costs $2.99. What is the unit price...
- math 156 - a 6 pack of 4 oz. containers of yogurtc cost $3.60. what is the unit ...
- math - An 8 ounce bottle of hairspray costs $3.66. Find the unit price in cents ...
- Math - If pasta sells for $3.55 for a 20-ounce box a. What is the price per ...
- Math Help!!! - The price of 10 ounces of crackers is $3.00. What is the unit ...
- Pre algebra - Write the following ratio in simplest form 32 min : 36 min A 8:9...
- Problem Solving - A 4oz jar of spice costs 92 cents. What is the unit cost per ...
- Math - 1. Write the following ratio in simplest form: 32 min:36 min 8:9 8:36 32:...
- Math-- Please check - A package of 16 tea bags costs $2.29. Find the unit price ...
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please! - 1. Write the following ratio in simplest form: ...