Posted by GGIFT on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 6:43pm.
What do you think are the greatest strengths and weaknesses of the current special educational system in America??
AED - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 6:48pm
Your instructor wants to know what YOU think.
We'll be glad to comment on YOUR answer.
AED - GGIFT, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 6:53pm
here's a few that I came up with:
Strengths: all students are entitled to public education; the ability to accommodate students in classrooms
the weaknesses:not enough funding; the quickness to place students on medication; not enough patient & experienced teachers; not enough evaluations done
what do you think??
AED - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 7:01pm
It's been 15 years since I've been in a classrom, but I can see that nothing much has changed. (I taught regular ed but had many special ed kids in my regular social studies classes.)
Another strength -- students are taught at their own level and their own pace. The teachers follow the students' Individual Educational Plan.
I agree with your analyses -- although I feel that yearly evaluations are probably enough.
AED - GGIFT, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 7:16pm
Thank you for your feedback Ms. Sue. I appreciate it very much!!!
AED - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 7:22pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AED/222 - •Distinguish the greatest strength and the greatest weakness of the ...
- American National Government - What is the American political system's greatest ...
- AED 222 - Can anyone please help me on this. I am having trouble trying to ...
- 12th grade - I am stuck on my thesis statement. I am to write a paper about my ...
- U.S. History to 1865 - What are some strenghts and weaknesses of the ...
- Guidance and Discipline Question - Focusing on the person and their strengths ...
- JOB INTERVIEW - What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What are some...
- HCA 210 - In a few weeks I have a final paper due. I need to develop a proposal ...
- health care - Develop a unique proposal that describes a new health care system...
- HCA/210 INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH CARE - Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that ...