Posted by Sara on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:19pm.
I've read through this friendship poem, and now I need help with some of the questions.
Here is this frienship poem:
If you don't come-by marguerite mack
The sun will get
smaller and smaller
and the grass won't green
or the trees leaf
and there will be
no flowers or birdsong.
The winds will blow cold and the nights will be dark
without moonlight or stars
for there will be
no summer here
if you don't come.
From my point of view, I think that this poem refers to a person; a friend. This poem seems to bring strong feelings toward the reader.
From your point of view what do you think that this poem is about?
what is the poet saying in this periodic poem?
I don't really know how to explain it but I think that the poet is trying to say that without a companion, life seems dull.
Could you please add to this, I am unable to come up with the right words to describe this whole thing.
What's the significance of the title?
I don't get how to explain this at all.
is imagery important in this poem?
Yes it is, because it gets you to visualise the whole scenario. It makes you sense in your heart of what is being described.
Any other info would be appreciated.
What poetic devices are used in this poem?
-personification.-winds will blow cold
I'm not sure if a symbol is used in here.
All your help will be appreciated:-)
- English-Friendship Poem - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:24pm
You're doing fine, Sara.
The title is like the first line of the poem. The rest of the lines complete the thought -- if you don't come.
The whole poem is an extended metaphor. Obviously the earth won't actually change if the friend doesn't come.
- English-Friendship Poem - Sara, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:38pm
Thank you, but when it says what is the significance of the title doesn't it ask you to explain the meaning of that title?~ could I say that the title refers to something bad about to occur or something?
- English-Friendship Poem - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:47pm
It could sound threatening. But I interpret it as more an expression of feelings than a threat.
You may be reading too much into this poem.
- English-Friendship Poem - Sara, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:49pm
- English-Friendship Poem - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:55pm
- English-Friendship Poem - alison, Monday, March 19, 2012 at 8:59am
this is an awsome poem about a friend
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Color of Our Friendship Friendship is full of colors. Red is action. ...
- English-Friendship Poem - Here is another poem: the competition-by patricia ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- literature - I need to now what is the poem of full powers about... the poem is...
- English - Has anyone read the poem the "Passenger Pigeon" by Paul Fleischman? ...
- english - Has anybody read the poem Calgary 2am? If so, can anyone help me ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- English - I don't understand this poem. Well, I understad the first part until ...
- English - Read the following example. What is the effect of the meter in these ...