Posted by Christina on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:16pm.
Is this a good sentence using the words:
Procure: to get possession of; achieve
If you study hard you will procure good grades.
Beguile: to lead by deception; divert
The dog beguiled the thief's attention away from the cowering people towards him.
Truce: a suspension of fighting especially of considerable duration by agreement of opposing forces
The kids wanted to have a truce with the
bullies, but they disagreed.
Valor: personal bravery; strength of mind or spirit that enables a person to encounter danger with firmness
The vampire hunter was valor because any second he had to spare, he went in search of vampires.
Livery: archaic; the opportunity of provisions especially to servants
The castle had very livery ways for the servants
English - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:30pm
truce is ok
The others stink.
Livery. Why are you using that archiac meaning. It commonly means feed for horses, or uniforms for manservant.
Valor: The vampire hunter may have exhibited valor in his task, however, he is dead.
Procure. It took some effort to procure livery for his animals, as the snowstorm had closed all businesses.
Beguile: Eve said " It is the serpent who will beguile me". Adam said: "And it is you who beguiled me"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. However hard you may study, you can not get a good point. 2. ...
- Math - The converse of this: If you study hard, then your grades will be good. I...
- English - 1. It was his mistake that he didn't walk the dog on a lead. 2. It was...
- Writing - "Everything comes if a man will only wait." -Benjamin Disraeli, ...
- English - 1. Here is a checklist and some tips. 2. Here are a checklist and some...
- Language - Hi! So I am having a hard time in Chinese class. Paying Attention ...
- PE - i need help with a 5 page report on heath What is your topic? We'll be ...
- Writing SAT - Post a New Question Current Questions Homework Help: Writing ...
- Business English - Selecting concrete words 22. we have found that young men are...
- English - Practice makes perfect. This proverb is very important not only for ...