Posted by Kim on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 5:39am.
10 multiple choice questions each with three possible answers only one of which is correct. A student guesses the answer to every question.
(a)What is the probability that the student will answer the first six questions correctly and the rest incorrectly?
(b)What is the probability that the student will answer the 1st,2nd,4th,6th,7th,and 10th questions correctly and the rest incorrectly?
(c)How many ways can the student get exactly 6 correct answers?
(d)What is the probability that the student answers exactly 6 questions correctly?
Thank you so much for your help...
- Math - Reiny, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:11am
Prb(right) = 1/3, prb(wrong) = 2/3
a) you want
prb(rrrrrrwwww) = (1/3)^6(2/3)^4
b) you want rrwrwrrwwr or the same as above
c) now the order does not matter, you want to choose 6 out of 10 which is
C(10,6) = 10!/(6!4!) = 210
d) prb(6 out of 10) = 210/59049 = 70/19683
- Math - Anonymous, Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 2:19am
You have a 5-question multiple-choice test. Each question has four choices. You donít know any of the answers. What is the experimental probability that you will guess exactly three out of five questions correctly?
- Math - jo, Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 11:14am
P(3 correct)= (.25)^3 x (.75)^2 combinations; 5C3= 5!/3!2!= 10
answer is 1/64 x 9/16 x 10 = 90/1024
- Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 2:20pm
I have no idea
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - A student is taking a multiple choice test where each question have...
- statistics - 10. A student is taking a multiple choice test where each question ...
- statistics - A multiple choice test has 20 questions with each having 4 possible...
- Stats - A student takes a 32 question multiple choice exam but did not study and...
- stat probability - A multiple choice quiz consists of 20 questions, each with 3 ...
- Statistics - A student guesses blindly on a 20-question multiple choice test. If...
- Math - A student guesses on every ??? of a multiple choice test that has 9 ...
- advanced statistics - suppose a student takes a multiple choice test with 10 ...
- LBCC - A multiple choice quiz consists of 20 questions, each with 3 possible ...
- Statistic - A quiz consists of 10 multiple-choice questions. Each question has 5...