Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 9:37pm.
1. He has lunch at 12:00.
2. He has lunch at 12:00 p.m.
3. He has lunch at 12.
4. He has lunch at 12 p.m.
5. He has lunch at noon.
(Are all grammatical?)
6. He goes back home at 15:30 p.m.
7. He goes back home at 15:30.
8. He goes back home at 3:30 p.m.
9. He goes back home at 3:30.
(Are all acceptable?)
English - Brit, Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 9:42pm
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 9:48pm
Most of us don't use the 24-hour clock, so 6 and 7 would not be acceptable to a lot of Americans.
English - Brit, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 12:46am
But It would still be acceptable, just because many don't use does not mean that its not Acceptable. Its still correct.
English - Mattsricebowl, Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 8:01am
I've not seen people use PM with the 24 hour clocks. Is that correct? I honestly do not know.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He has lunch at 12:00 p.m. 2. He has lunch at noon. 3. He has lunch...
- English - 1. You had lunch already. 2. You already had lunch. 3. You have ...
- English - 1. Walls have ears. 2. The walls have ears. -------------- Which one ...
- biology - Julie took her lunch to work every day. She wanted to know what type ...
- English - I urgently need to know if the following sentences are all possible. ...
- English - A last doubt. I hope you can have a look at it. 1)How can I check this...
- SS - What is the most likely short-term consequence of spending all your money ...
- English - Thank you very, very much for your help. Which of the following ...
- math - A popular new secretary at the law firm of Farnsworth, Newman, O’Malley, ...
- English - 1. He had to check the oven every 15 minutes. 2. He had to check the ...