Posted by refy on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 10:26am.
need some advice!
My learners will work on a text next week.In the text are 7 new words. The aim of the lesson is to learn those words and practice them in a few ways. What can I do to practice those new words. Any interesting ideas from your own experience.I need 2 tasks (5 minutes each) and the aim should be practicing those new words (orally or written) Any ideas? Or some good web sites which have some great ideas?
English - PsyDAG, Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 11:18am
It might help us to make suggestions, if you let us know what the specific words are.
English - refy, Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 12:13pm
The words are in German :/
Do you understand German?
English - refy, Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 12:15pm
Well I can translate them:
to go to the museum
English - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 12:35pm
Sorry I don't have time to think right now but I do have a SEARCH for you:
One quick idea is that I had a huge picture file with people, activities, sports, clothing, etc. It was handy to teach vocabulary (is this a X or a Y, etc.) and later, when the students had more vocabulary it was amazing what level Level I could do. Perhaps they simply drew a laminated photo (upside down, if you prefer) to talk about it or I'd give each student 3 - an activity, a person - a thing and they could make up any story at all. Some of them were so clever; I could not have done it!
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Hi! Need some advice.Next week I need to teach a class. My task is to ...
- English - Need help one more time :) I am teaching English as a foreign language...
- English - Hello everybody! Next week I have to teach English (as a foreign ...
- English - Hello! I am writing observation jornals and have problems with ...
- english - ha!:) Have one question Which reading learning strategies is it when ...
- English - hello! What is the aim of the task given to learners of english as a ...
- English - Hello! I am teaching English to 8th graders next week (they are ...
- Ms. Sue-- """this is for you""--------I need help! - MsSue, I know you have ...
- english - hello:)For next week I can choose a text(ca.10 pages)and I need to ...
- English - Help with aims needed! 1. activity: teacher shows learners flashcards ...