Posted by Cher on .
Consider the following reaction:
PbCl2 + 2 NaOH -> Pb(OH)2 + 2 NaCl
What would be the major species observed
floating in solution after one mole of PbCl2
and 2 moles of NaOH are mixed in aqueous
1. Na+ ions, Cl− ions and H+ ions
2. Pb2+ ions, Cl− ions and Na+ ions
3. Pb2+ ions, Cl− ions, Na+ ions and OH−
4. Pb2+ ions, Cl− ions, Na+ ions, H+ ions
and OH− ions
5. Cl− ions and Na+ ions
6. Pb2+ ions, Na+ ions and OH− ions
7. Na+ and OH− ions
I don't know what this problem is driving at BUT it doesn't make any sense to me. You will not be able to SEE any of these ions floating around anywhere.