posted by nick on .
Type the complete adjective or adverb phrase in this sentence.
The house with the green shutters is quaint.
Here is how to identify an adjective vs an adverb:
The function of an adjective is to modify (describe) a noun:
* The quick, brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
* That's an interesting idea. (Attributive.)
* That idea is interesting. (Predicative.)
* The good, the bad, and the ugly. (Substantive.)
* Tell me something interesting. (Post-positive.)
The purpose of an adverb is to modify something other than a noun.
Adverbs typically answer questions such as how?, in what way?, when?, where?, and to what extent?. In English, they often end in -ly.
Now, can you tell us?
It is an adjective