Posted by Franco on Sunday, April 4, 2010 at 3:53pm.
Thank you very much for your last corrections. Can you check these sentences, too? Thank you very much in advance.
1)Th urban population was affected by serious diseases such as smallpox nd typhus.
2)The majority of children died before the age of five (before they reached the age of five/but NOT before five years old?)
3) The electorate was bribed (can you suggest to me an appropriate synonim?)
4)The main character is always a self-made man of middle age, a middle class hero (correction: the main character is always a middle-aged, self-made man belonging to the middle class?)
5) Sykorax's magic is aimed to hurt its enemies (correction: aims to harm its victims)
6) The source of Prospero's magic comes from his books (correction: is found in his books)
7) The "Tempest" can be regarded as an admonition (and NOT a beware)
8)He was the first who lived in Westminister, at 10 Downing Street (are the prepositions correct?)
9) The features of the 18-century novels are as follows. Firstly, .... (can you name the various features using firstly, secondly, finally?)
English - SraJMcGin, Sunday, April 4, 2010 at 11:08pm
1. typo "nd" is and, yes?
3. bought off, blackmailed, enticed, rewarded, paid off
4., 5., 6. OK
7. NOT a beware = true
9. yes, you may
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Foreign languages - I forgot to add these sentences. Thank you very much, ...
- English - 1. I liked the work very much because I could help orphans who needed ...
- English - Sorry, for including so many sentences in a single post. I realized it...
- English - Thank you very much for your last corrections. Can you please check ...
- Foreign languages - I left out a few sentences. Thank you veru much. I need to ...
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. These are the very last ...
- English - Here are the last paragraphs on history Thank you very much for ...
- English - I left out two last sentences. Thank you very much in advance. 1) At ...
- English - I forgot to include these other three sentences. Thank you very much ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. 1)I like ...