Posted by Kathleen on Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 4:04pm.
Chose the correct answer and explain why:
Malthus and Ricardo would both agree that
a. One solution to poverty was to pay higher wages
b. Poverty was inevitable
c. Economic growth would end up in poverty in the long run
d. capitalism is an evil system
European history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 4:33pm
I'll be glad to discuss YOUR answer with you.
European history - Kathleen, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 4:40pm
well i picked d but it is incorrect. i believe the right answer is B because they both discuss pessimistic views of the working class and with Malthus he believed that the the population would outrun the food supply so then poverty would occur. Ricardo talks about wages increasing and decreasing due to how many children one has, but i don't think he discusses poverty. I'm not 100%percent sure though that B is the correct answer.
European history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 4:46pm
I'm sure your answer (B) is correct.
Ricardo essentially said that as resources became scarcer, goods would cost more, thus sinking more people into poverty.
European history - Kathleen, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 4:48pm
European history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 4:50pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Supportive learning environment - Which of the following statements is true ...
- socials - how poverty defined in canada? person living in poverty in canada have...
- population,poverty and human development(hiv/aids - "the larger a population,the...
- english - please help me tell which of the following would be better as a thesis...
- Economics - My teacher give an investigation. Topic is easay of poverty include ...
- social history hs (poverty) - I can't seem to find a good website on the history...
- 2 English questions - What is the old woman’s perspective on poverty as shown in...
- Help -Social Impact of Technology - Marge maintains that there is no direct ...
- Poverty - Why is important to fight against poverty? these people in poverty are...
- English - Which is correct-- 3). or 3.)? Also, when writing a list in a sentence...