Posted by Statistics DUMB on Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 11:25am.
Anyone know how to get me started?
Calculate b0 and b1 and make an equation of regression line
for the set of data given in Table 3
- Statistics - MathGuru, Monday, April 5, 2010 at 12:35am
If you need to show the work by hand, you can develop the regression equation in the following format:
predicted y = a + bx
...where a represents the y-intercept and b the slope.
To get to that point, here are some formulas to calculate along the way.
To find a:
a = (Ey/n) - b(Ex/n)
Note: E means to add up or to find the total.
To find b:
b = SSxy/SSxx
To find SSxy:
SSxy = Exy - [(Ex)(Ey)]/n
To find SSxx:
SSxx = Ex^2 - [(Ex)(Ex)]/n
I hope this will help get you started.
- Statistics - Statistics Dumb, Monday, April 5, 2010 at 10:09am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- STATS - 7. Calculate b0 and b1 and make an equation of regression line for the ...
- stats - 7. Calculate b0 and b1 and make an equation of regression line for the ...
- statistics - For a given set of data, it is known that x = 10 and y = 4. The ...
- Statistics - A set of X and Y scores has SSx=10, SSY=20, and SP=8, what is the ...
- statistics - Job Sat. INTR. EXTR. Benefits 5.2 5.5 6.8 1.4 5.1 5.5 5.5 5.4 5.8 5...
- Statistics - How do you calculate pearson's r from this table? X Y 5 24 8 40 3 ...
- statistics - The selling of prices Of six second hand bicycles in relation to ...
- statistics - . For the table that follows, answer the following questions: x y 1...
- statistics - The data set given below has y^ = 3x - 5 for its regression ...
- Statistics - X Y 0 23 2 27 2.3 29 4.1 32 5 35 What is the correlation for this ...