Posted by Skye on Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 5:37am.
I have this question and I don't understand what it's asking for. It says evaluate, is it asking for the missing term or what?
The sequence 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, ..., 41 has 11 terms. Evaluate the related series.
Very confused, any insight on how to solve this would be helpful :)
- Algebra 2: Sequences and Series - Anonymous, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 9:25am
In simple terms, for a sequence you would list the terms,
in a series you would add the terms
so you want
21+23+25+ ... + 41
this is an arithmetic series with
a = 21, d=2 and n = 11
the sum of those terms
using sum = n/2(first term + last term)
- Algebra 2: Sequences and Series - David Q/R, Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 10:56am
The way the question is phrased suggests that not all of it has actually been posted. "Evaluate the related series" doesn't mean anything on its own - at least, not to me. Has your teacher defined a "related series" to be the sum of the individual elements of that series? This is one of those questions where its easy enough to guess what's required - which is what has been written above - but this seems not actually to have been ASKED for!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I'm learning series and sequences (grade 11). Please check that my steps ...
- algebra - I have 3 questions I need help with. 1) what is the 15th term of the ...
- math - help me with sequences problem.So if the sequence is 2,5,10,17,26 +3 +5 +...
- Algebra - True or False 1. – 5, – 5, – 5, – 5, – 5, … is an arithmetic sequence...
- math30 - Sequences 1)A sequence has a first term of 24 and every other term is ...
- Math - Arithmetic Sequences - The sum of the 4th and the 14th term of an ...
- Maths - Eric thinks of 2 sequences.One is geometric and the other arithmetic....
- Algebra - I have a few problems I need some help with. The first is Evaluate ...
- algebra - Can someone please help me with this problem? Thanks! Evaluate the ...
- Biology - When making comparison of sequences where some are whole genome ...