Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, April 2, 2010 at 12:42pm.
33. Simplify a^5/a^3
Because I think when it's like that you subtract the two powers.
Simplify sqrt of a^2
How do you do this?
44. Solve 1/2 * [3/4 + 1/2]
47. Solve 1/2*[3/4divided by 1/2]
49. Solve sqrt of -100
a. sqrt of -100
d. No answer
C? I think C because I don't think there can be a negative inside a square root, but I'm not sure
Algebra1 - bobpursley, Friday, April 2, 2010 at 1:51pm
MC; sqrt of a^2 is a, by definition.
49. THe correct answer is 10sqrt(-1), or as some write it, 10i
a. is the best choice, but dumb.
Algebra1 - mysterychicken, Friday, April 2, 2010 at 2:27pm
I'm not sure what you mean by the first one-33
Algebra1 - bobpursley, Friday, April 2, 2010 at 2:37pm
I mean: sqrt a^2= a by definition.
sqrt 16 = 4
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - 1. Simplify: sqrt6(sqrt2/2+sqrt3)-sqrt8 2. Simplify: sqrt(72x^3)-5x ...
- Algebra - 1. Subtract and simplify 18/y-8 - 18/8-y 2. subtract simplify if ...
- math,algebra - Use the five properties of exponents to simplify each of the ...
- checking answers 4 algerbra - 1. simplify by removing the parenthses and ...
- Math - Algebra - Simplify and solve for x=2 and y=5. Please remember to group ...
- math,algebra,help - Directions are simplify by combining like terms. x radiacal ...
- math - how would you simplify this equation: y = (x+3)/[(4-sqrt(16+h))] please ...
- math - 1)Can z+6/z+1 be reduced any further? 2)Add and simplify v/v^2+8v+16 + 4/...
- rational expressions - 1)Can z+6/z+1 be reduced any further? 2)Add and simplify...
- Algebra - SIMPLIFY: ROOT 0F 7 * ROOT OF 14 SIMPLIFY: ROOT OF 1/5 EVALUATE, IF ...