Posted by Kirsten on Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 5:57pm.
(1) Which of the following clusters of orbitals would form the shape trigonal bipyramidal and would also be possible within the valence shell of an atom?
a.) one d orbital
b.) five d orbitals
c.) five sp^3 orbitals
d.) five sp^3d orbitals
e.) five sp^3d^2 orbitals
f.) two sp orbitals and three sp^2 orbitals
g.) three sp^2 orbitals and two p orbitals
h.) three sp^2 orbitals and one p orbital
(2) Which of the following clusters of orbitals would form the octahedral shape and would also be possible within the valence shell of an atom?
a.) two sp orbitals and two p orbitals
b.) two sp orbitals and four p orbitals
c.) one sp orbital and two p orbitals
d.) six sp^3 orbitals
e.) three p orbitals
f.) six sp^3d^2 orbitals
g.) six sp^3d orbitals
h.) three sp orbitals
I really need help, please!!! :)
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 4:00pm
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 8:40pm
3 sp2 and one p
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Which clusters of orbitals would form a "octahedral" electron ...
- chemistry - How would the 2s and 3p orbitals differ from the 1s and 2p orbitals...
- chemistry - Suppose you live in a different universe where different amount of ...
- College Chemistry - How many orbitals have the following quantum numbers: n=6, l...
- Chemistry - All of the following are true EXCEPT; A. the n=4 energy level has no...
- Chemistry - This question is: How many orbitals are there in each of the ...
- Chemisty Help!!!!!!!! - show how you would obtain (the orbitals used) and the ...
- Chemistry - To form a molecule with a trigonal bipyramidal electron geometry, ...
- Chemistry - Which atom has the smallest valence p atomic orbital? -Carbon -...
- CHEMISTRY - I am refreshing on bonding and structure before starting an organic ...