Posted by Judy and group on Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 4:45am.
8-A bakery stated that the average number of breads sold daily is 3000. An employee thinks that the actual
value might differ from this and wants to test this statement. The correct hypotheses are:
(1) H0 : ¦Ì = 3000 H1 : ¦Ì not= 3000
(2) H0 : ¦Ì > 3000 H1 : ¦Ì ¡Ü 3000
(3) H0 : ¦Ì = 3000 H1 : ¦Ì = 3000
(4) H0 : ¦Ì > 3000 H1 : ¦Ì not= 3000
(5) H0 : ¦Ì ¡Ü 3000 H1 : ¦Ì > 3000
9-A statistics practitioner formulated the following hypothesis: H0 : ¦Ì = 200 against H1 : ¦Ì < 200 and
learned that x = 190 n = 9 and ¦Ò = 50.
The p¨C value of the test is
(5) Cannot be found with information given
ANSWER: 5 (we need the level of significance)
10-In a sample of 500 college students fifty percent of all college students attend schools within 50 miles of
The probability that the population proportion will be between 0.45 and 0.55 is
11-Suppose the mass of college students can be modeled by the normal distribution. We believe the mean
of the normal distribution is 72 kg. We randomly sample 18 students and find an average of 69 kg and a
standard deviation of 4kg.
A. The standard error of ¦Òx is 0.9428
B. A t-statistic can be calculated and it is equal to −3.18
C. The degrees of freedom for the t-distribution will be 17
The correct statement(s) is(are)
(1) Only A
(2) All three statements are correct.
(3) B and C
(4) A and B
(5) A and C
- stats - PsyDAG, Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 10:44am
I don't know if your symbol stands for the mean. You can use μ, if you can copy and paste this symbol. Otherwise, it might be better to print out "mean."
9. I don't know what you mean by the "p¨C value."
Answer this Question
- stats - A bakery stated that the average number of breads sold daily is 3000. An...
- Stats - Consider the following Hypotheses test: Ho:m>=80 Ha:m<80 A sample ...
- statistics - 1)According to past record the average daily sales for a sporting ...
- Statistics - A newspaper article stated that college students at a local ...
- statistics - A health psychologist, who is interested in childhood obesity, ...
- stats - The Ledd Pipe Company has received a large shipment of pipes, and a ...
- stats - I am having a bit of trouble with some of the questions. Some of the ...
- math,correction - Number problems. You have at least $30 in change in your ...
- maths - 1).Last year, a shopkeeper sold an average of 7 cartons of apples from ...
- C++ Programming - Design and create a class named Stats that has an array of 12 ...