Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 11:36am.
28. Use the Distributive Property to simplify x(4x^2 + x + 4)
Is it 4x^3 + x^2 + 4x?
42. To which set of numbers does 0 not belong?
46. Pi belongs to which group of real numbers?
a. Odd numbers
b. rational numbers
c. irrational numbers
48. Can a number be both irrational and an integer?
- Algebra - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 12:29pm
48. No, think about that.
42 books have been written on what zero means. In poorly written high school texts, the issues are ignored, and they just give you some things to memorize. Commonly, zero is not thought of as a whole number, nor a positive integer, nor a negative integer, however, it is commonly included in the set of "non-negative integers".
Zero did not exist at all until Descartes started to use it as a place holder in the 1700's, well after math had been invented. He did this as a part of the French Academy's efforts to standardize math notation.
Before Descartes efforts, 1500 would have been written as 15--, and 30+150 would have been tabulated this way
If your math teacher is stupid enough to ask you this question, look it up in your textbook and memorize the textbook's definition for the test.
- Algebra - mysterychicken, Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 1:30pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Write an algebraic expression that requires each of the following ...
- Distributive property - How would I multiply these expression? 6(h-4) -3(x+8) -...
- Distributive Property Algebra - I have two questions I don't understand and I ...
- Algebra/Distributive Properties - Solve these fraction equations: 2/3 - 8/9 = c/...
- Math-Distributive Property - Use the distributive property to simplify: 3(m-1)-(...
- Math - Need help on the question below. Which number belongs to the set of ...
- Algebra - Need help with these: [Can you show me the work for them please, if ...
- algebra 2 - It says to: Use the Distributive Property to show that the following...
- Algebra - 28. Use the Distributive Property to simplify x(4x^2 + x + 4) Is it 4x...
- algebra - Use the distributive property to simplify the expression. -11(10+6)