Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 11:36am.
28. Use the Distributive Property to simplify x(4x^2 + x + 4)
Is it 4x^3 + x^2 + 4x?
42. To which set of numbers does 0 not belong?
46. Pi belongs to which group of real numbers?
a. Odd numbers
b. rational numbers
c. irrational numbers
48. Can a number be both irrational and an integer?
- Algebra - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 12:29pm
48. No, think about that.
42 books have been written on what zero means. In poorly written high school texts, the issues are ignored, and they just give you some things to memorize. Commonly, zero is not thought of as a whole number, nor a positive integer, nor a negative integer, however, it is commonly included in the set of "non-negative integers".
Zero did not exist at all until Descartes started to use it as a place holder in the 1700's, well after math had been invented. He did this as a part of the French Academy's efforts to standardize math notation.
Before Descartes efforts, 1500 would have been written as 15--, and 30+150 would have been tabulated this way
If your math teacher is stupid enough to ask you this question, look it up in your textbook and memorize the textbook's definition for the test.
- Algebra - mysterychicken, Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 1:30pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - 1. Use the Distributive Property to simplify the expression. (-1) (4-c...
- Algebra - 1. Use the Distributive Property to simplify the expression. (-1)(4-c...
- math - Write an algebraic expression that requires each of the following ...
- Algebra - Please let me know if i answered these correctly thanks 1.Which ...
- Algebra2 - Name the property of real numbers for -2(x+4)=-2x-8 associative ...
- MATH HELP - What is the simplified form of the expression? Hint: Combine like ...
- Math - Need help on the question below. Which number belongs to the set of ...
- algebra - Name the property of real numbers illustrated by the equation2·(8·7)=(...
- Algebra - Name the property of real numbers illustrated by the equation. -4(x...
- algebra - Name the property of real numbers illustrated by the equation 2·(8·7...