Posted by Sara on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 9:34pm.
How to eat a poem
Don't be polite.
Pick it up with your fingers and lick the juice that
may run down your chin.
It is ready and ripe now, whenever you are.
You do not need a knife or fork or spoon
or plate or napkin or tablecloth.
For there is no core
to throw away.
what advice is being offered to u as a reader of poetry?
-To be able to read calmly enough to sink into the poems.
-ur viewpoint on this would be appreciated as well, thanks
what else is in the poem besides the title that suggests the subject matter of the poem?-is it the the second bit?--"Bite it"
whats the planned effect of the repetition of the word "or" in the poem
why is there no commas around the or's
-is it because the reader is trying to tell us everything in one whole breath?
y r works in the poem shaped like this
-is it because its getting us to visualize the actual picture of it-make us understand more better?
Answer this Question
- Humanities - It is called post modern world, it is a humanities class, i have to...
- animals - A stray dog used to bark at the locals in the street. However each ...
- Math - Corey jogs 5km every morning to get ready for a 5km race he is going to ...
- year 8 english - I need to say what is funny about this poem:- thankyou The ...
- English - Which of the following sentences shows an example of parallel verbs? A...
- English-(PLEASE HELP) - What evidence suggests that Lennie might behave ...
- English - Can you please check these short conversations? Thank you. 1.Doctors ...
- English - In the poem Warren Pryor, what does the author pick this certain ...
- english II - Error in Sentence Completeness. the answer is b. A.In spring, the ...
- English II - Read the following poem and answer the question that follows. "I ...