Posted by Franco on Monday, March 29, 2010 at 5:53pm.
Can you please check the grammar in the following sentences, please?
Thank you very much in advance.
1)If I hadnít missed it, I would have arrived on time at the theatre and I could have seen Murphyís performance.
2) I donít feel well and Iíd prefer to go to bed early.
3)Mrs. Ryan would prefer the children to stop playing (or would rather they stopped playing) because they are sweating.
4) She told me that her father was angry with her because she hadnít passed her biology exam.
5)Sandra wishes her boyfriend hadnít bought her a golden ring for her birthday.
6) It is high time you tidied up your room.
7) Melanie said she wouldnít tell anything to her boyfriend because she wanted to make him a surprise.
8) If my friends had had a map, they wouldnít have got lost. Iím used to getting up early/I was used to sleeping after lunch.
9) She begged them not to do anything dangerous.
10) She suggested I go (or I should go) to bed early.
11) I just wanted to remind you that you will be having lesson in (or with?) the third class on Wednesday.
12) She refused/offered to help us.
admitted/denied going to the party
- English - Writeacher, Monday, March 29, 2010 at 6:13pm
3)Mrs. Ryan would prefer that the children stop playing because they are sweating.
In #7, I'd use "give" rather than "make."
In #10, either phrasing will do.
In #11, the preposition you choose changes the meaning slightly. What is meant by this?
All the others are fine.
Answer this Question
English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
English - Thank you very much for your last corrections. Can you please check ...
English - Can you please check if the following sentences are all right? Thank ...
English - Can you please help me check the grammar in the following sentences ...
English - Can you please check these sentences on phrasal verbs, please? Thank ...
GRAMMAR / ENGLISH - I need help with the following grammar exercise. Thank you ...
English - Thank you very much for helping me. Can you please check these last ...
English grammar check please - If someone could check these sentences for me ...
English - Could you please check these last few sentences, please? Thank you in ...
English - Can you please check these few sentences, please? Thank you. 1) I just...
For Further Reading