Posted by scooby on Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:35pm.
ē Plan a science experiment. In your paper, address the following points:
o List the equipment and materials to be included in the science kit.
o Explain what safety precautions are needed.
o Outline the step-by-step procedures for the experiment.
o Determine methods you may use to monitor student performance.
o Select an appropriate assessment for this lesson.
o Suggest opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning as a result of the experiment. For example, you might have students draw the results of their experiment (art) or research and write about other aspects of the subject (language arts).
heres what i have. any suggestions
Grow a Plant
Letís see if you can grow a plant by doing this experiment.
The materials you will need:
Two small flower pots
Here are the steps:
1. Take the two flower pots that you brought and fill them with the potting soil. Donít forget to leave about an inch from the top of the pots unfilled.
2. Using your thumb make a hole in the center of the potting soil in both pots. (the whole is where you will place the seeds.)
3. Drop 3-4 seeds in each hole in each pot. Cover the hole with soil.
4. Water one of the flower pots with water. (be careful not to over water) then place this flower pot in a warm sunny spot.
5. Do not water the second flower pot. Place it in a cool dark cupboard.
6. Leave the flower pots for a few days. Watch and see what see what happens to both flower pots.
Suggest opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning as a result of the experiment.
I will have the students draw the results of their experiment (art).the students will draw their results every four days.).
- classroom instruction - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:42pm
Great ideas, Scooby!
I assume these are early elementary students.
You could also tie in math by having the kids measure their the height of the seedlings a couple times a week.
- classroom instruction - scooby, Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:52pm
did i answer all the questions then?
- classroom instruction - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:59pm
You need to find a way to measure the students' performance. You can probably just watch them to make sure they are following the directions.
Their drawings of the the plants in each of the pots will also be a way of assessing them.
- classroom instruction - scooby, Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 10:04pm
oh ok ty
- classroom instruction - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 10:17pm
Answer this Question
classroom instruction - Suggest methods for evaluating the lessonís objective ...
AED - 1. As a construct, what is your approach to teaching?How does inquiry-...
classroom instruction - ē How do classroom management issues differ, depending ...
classroom instruction - different approaches you may use for teaching ...
AED 203 classroom Instruction - What is the different approaches you can use for...
EED 364 - 1) Observe an elementary mathematics lesson. Write an essay of 1,500-1...
General Science - you plan an experiment to test the growth of beans using three...
Diversity in the Classroom - How and why would the teacher plan to create an ...
AED200 - What instructional philosophies will you incorporate into your ...
AED 200 - What instructional philosophies will you incorporate into your ...