Posted by Amy on Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 5:36pm.
i know how to find the "f"
but if its
how do i find the "j"???
- math help plz! - MathMate, Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 6:33pm
Same as your example, but solve for j.
In your example, n=365, and in this case n=4 (quarterly).
You can solve for j by taking the fourth root on both sides (square-root twice) to get
1+j/4 = fourth-root(1.0325)
the rest is standard algebra.
- math help plz! - Reiny, Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 6:40pm
Looking at your procedure, I conclude that you are finding the equivalent annual rate for a given rate compounded daily.
I don't like the way you are writing it up. You are writing down steps connected by equal signs when they are not equal.
the second and third lines are NOT equal. This may sound picky to you, but math is exact.
I used to teach it this way:
let the annual rate be i
(1 + i = (1 + .065/365)^365
1 + i = 1.067152848
i = .067152848
effective annual rate = 6.72%
for your last question, I will assume that it asked the following,
"What annual rate compounded quarterly is equivalent to an annual rate of 3.25%
Let the quarterly rate be j
1.0325^1 = (1+j)^4
take the 4th root of both side
1.0325^(1/4) = 1+j
1.008027813 = 1+j
j = .008027813
4j = .032111251
the annual rate compounde quarterly will be 3.211%
- math help plz! - Amy, Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 6:59pm
Thnx Reiny,it is very clear to me.now i can continue the rest which has the similar questions.thnx mathmate too:)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math! - j=6.50% m=Daily(365) f(effective rate)=? f=(1+i)^n =(1+(.0650/365))^365...
- math - how would i multiply 365/365 x 364/365 x 363/365...all the way to 326/365...
- math - what formulas do i use for this: Investments Suppose $10,000 is invested ...
- Calculus 1 - I'm asked to find max and min of: L(t)=12+2.8sin((2pi/365)(t-80). I...
- MATH, HELP - what is the probability that at least 2 students in a class of 36 ...
- Maths - The sum of three consecutive numbers is 365,find the numbers. X^2+y^2+z^...
- Finance - Calculate, to the nearest cent, the future value FV of an investment ...
- math - f(x) = 64 + 27cos(2pi/365(x+145)) what would be the period i tried by ...
- math, help - I need help or hint on the setup: what is the probability that at ...
- Math - Compounding - Find the value of $15,000 at the end of one year if it is ...