Posted by Theresa on Friday, March 26, 2010 at 1:42pm.
volume of 8.00 grams of hydrogen gas at 32.0 degrees celcius and 1.50 atm
10th Grade Honors Chemistry - drwls, Friday, March 26, 2010 at 1:59pm
That is 3.97 moles of H2 gas. I assume that you know where that came from. I used 1.008 amu for the mass of an H atom. Each H2 molecule has two of them.
Call 3.97 "n" and use the ideal gas law
P V = n R T
where T = 305 K
You should look up and memorize the appropriate value of R. If you want P to be in atm,
R = 0.08206 l-atm/mole-K
OR remember that 1 mole of a gas at 1 atm and 273K (0 C) has a volume of 22.4 l. Your volume per mole be higher because i gets multiplied by a factor 305/273 because of the higher temperature.
10th Grade Honors Chemistry - Darian, Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 9:48pm
10th Grade Honors Chemistry - susy, Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 6:20pm
This question is quite simple if you really think about it. well lets see what the problem is asking you to do.
I did the work and the answer always seems to come as 15.2g
So the answer is definitely 15.2g
10th Grade Honors Chemistry - Miranda, Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 8:30pm
What is a mole?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - If you collect hydrogen gas over water at a temperature of 45 ...
- Chemistry - A 3.5 liter gas sample at 20 degrees celcius and a pressure of 650 ...
- Chemistry - What is the volume of 20.55 grams of hydrogen gas at a pressure of 1...
- Chemistry HELP! CONFUSED! - How do you do this? please help. Thank you. A.) ...
- chemistry - i reallly need help with combining the gas laws. here are a few ...
- chem - a 4 L sample of gas at 30 degrees celcius and 1 atm is changed to 0 ...
- chemistry - If 987g of oxygen gas reacts completely with hydrogen gas, what ...
- chemistry - 17 liters of a gas is at an initial temperature of 67 degrees C and ...
- Chemistry - a helium balloon is partially filled with 28.7 L of gas at 25.0 ...
- Chemistry - A volume of 725 mL of a gas is collected at 105 degrees celcius and ...