Posted by Karen on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 11:26pm.
I am assigned to write a formal essay focusing on the theme of "Mrs Turner Cutting the Grass". Are job is to support our argument with any of the following: plot structure, symbolism, irony, humour, pathos, style or foreshadowing.
How do I go about this?
Can anyone help me.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 8:07am
Follow the writing process, whether you're writing for science, history, English, or any other subject:
Prewriting: brainstorm, research, plan, outline, thesis statement
Writing: write first draft by starting with section II of your outline; write introduction after the body of the paper is written; write the conclusion last.
Polishing: revise, concentrating first on the body of the paper, then the intro, then the concl (revision = making sure ideas are logical and sequential and support your thesis); proofread (spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)
Do you have a thesis yet? Have you done your brainstorming (and maybe research) yet? Have you written an outline?
Click on Step by Step.
Check in the Essay & Research Paper Level.
And here are some links to help you with literary terms and devices:
Look up terms alphabetically.
Again ... alphabetically.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - write an essay in which you analyze the importance of plot event and ...
- books - Hi there, I have been trying to write a practice essay for English on ...
- Social Studies - Part 3: Write. 1. Write a persuasive argument explaining why ...
- English - Hello, what is a common theme between the Shakespeare's Romeo and ...
- English - How do I write a comparative essay utilizing the assigned theme for ...
- Literature - Can someone tell me if my statement below is correct? I have to ...
- FORMAL ESSAY - PLEASE HELP!! - Tomorrow I am to write a formal persuasive essay ...
- ENG1511 - Hi, I need help please. I have to write 3pges of an argumentative ...
- 10th grade english - Write an essay comparing Baldwin's account of the Titanic ...
- Reading :) - Think of a novel, short story, essay or poem that sends a message (...