Posted by Gina on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 4:43pm.
Radioactive carbon-14 dating has determined that a fossil is 5.7 x 10 to the third power years old. What is the total amount of the original Carbon-14 still present in the fossil?
Science - Kathleen, Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 8:50pm
The half life of carbon 14 is 5700 years. So If a fossil is 5700 years old then half of the carbon-14 is left.
Science - Maura, Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 9:06pm
i freaking do not have a clue
Science - rap perkens, Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 7:03pm
what is the question anyway??????
Science - john wilkes booth, Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 7:06pm
wHAT IS THE QUESTION
Science - betty, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 4:58pm
it will in fact bite.
Science - Morgan Freeman, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 12:58pm
I don't have the answer to your question, but I do know, however, that I have an amazing freaking voice. And if you'd like, I will write a book about your life and then narrate it, with my awesome freaking voice. But I cannot answer your question. I am NOT sorry.
Science - Mr. T, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 8:42pm
Science - Anonymous, Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 9:06pm
I love school :)
Science - ma reoi, Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 6:24pm
what do you mean? when you nod your head yes but you want to say no... what do you mean?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Carbon Dating: Use the formula y= ae^-.00012t where a is the initial...
- Algebra 2/ Chemistry? - Carbon Dating: Use the formula y= ae^-.00012t where a is...
- Math - A plant fossil lost 40 % of its carbon-14. How old is the fossil? (Half-...
- pre calculus - The age of a document is in dispute, so archaeologists test for ...
- Radioactivity - 1. A granite rock is thought to be about 2 billion years old. ...
- physical science - a scientist found a fossilized bison. using Carbon-14 dating...
- science - Using absolute dating,a fossil is dated to be 3 million years old and ...
- calculus - radioactive Carbon 14 in a dead organism decays according to the ...
- Math - A fossilized leaf contains 21% of its normal amount of carbon 14. How old...
- Science - Please respond I have this last question and then I can be done this ...