Posted by Morgan on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 4:02pm.
I;m sorry, but I was stuck on the second part of this problem. Can you please help me?
An automobile engine slows down from 4500 rpm to 1500 rpm in 2.5 seconds.
a) calculate angular accceleration
b)calculate total number of revolutions done in this time.
What I did:
a) I got the answer, and it was right, and it was also negative, but: what confused me was b
b) It is decelerating, this really confused me. I wasn't even sure how to approach this.
physics - bobpursley, Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 4:37pm
average speed=4500+1500 divided by 2, or
average speed=3000 rpm
=3000rpm or 3000rev/3600sec *2.5sec
= 7500/3600 rev
physics - Morgan, Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:02pm
I'm sorry, I tried this and got 2.1 and the computer keeps kicking it out as wrong. Your logic makes sense to me after I thought about it. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
physics - Morgan, Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:09pm
wait never mind. There are only 60 seconds in a minute!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - I;m sorry, but I was stuck on the second part of this problem. Can you...
- phy - An automobile engine slows down from 3500 rpm to 1100 rpm in 4.5 s. (a) ...
- PHYSICS - a wheel rotating at 1800 rpm slows down uniformly to 1200 rpm in 2.0 ...
- physics - A DVD is spinning at 180 rpm’s. Calculate its angular acceleration ...
- Physics - During an acceleration, the angular speed of an engine increases from ...
- mechanics - Find the total kinetic energy of a 1500 g wheel, 700 mm in diameter...
- Physics - The crankshaft of an engine increases its spin from 1,200 rpm to 1,500...
- physics - A car engine accelerates at a constant rate from 170 rpm to 3050 rpm ...
- Physics - The spin-drier of a washing machine slows down uniformly from 700 rpm...
- physics - A record player is spinning at 32 rpm when the motor is switched off. ...