Posted by please help me! on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 2:21pm.
A multiple choice test has 20 questions with each having 4 possible answers with one correct. Assume a student randomly guesses the answer to every question.
1) What is the probability of getting exactly 9 correct answers?
2)What is the probability of getting less than 9 correct answers?
- statistics - Reiny, Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 5:04pm
prob of R(ight) = 4/20 = 1/5
prob of W(rong) = 4/5
1) to have exactly 9R and 11W
( I got .00722)
2) to get the prob of less than 9 you will have to do
prob(0R) + prob(1R) + prob(2R) + .. + prob(8R)
I will do prob(R4)
= C(20,4)(1/4)^4(4/5)^16 = .21819
Follow the same pattern for the other calculations
- statistics - gio, Friday, February 18, 2011 at 10:09pm
a test consists of 25 multiple choice questions. Each has 5 possible answers, which only one is correct. If a student guesses on each question, find the following:
a) prob that he will guess all of them right
b)prob that he will guess at most 12 right
c) prob that he will guess at least 1 right
d) mean and stndrd. deviation of the number of correct answers
e)estimate the prob of the number of correct answers that will fall within the limits -----> miu +or- 2(stand.dev)
- statistics - Glenda, Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 1:58pm
Suppose a student takes a 20 question multiple-choice test and guesses at every answer. If there are exactly four choices on each question, what is the probability the student passes the test? (Assume passing means the student gets at least 60% of the questions correct.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- advanced statistics - suppose a student takes a multiple choice test with 10 ...
- Math - 10 multiple choice questions each with three possible answers only one of...
- statistics - A student is taking a multiple choice test where each question have...
- statistics - 10. A student is taking a multiple choice test where each question ...
- Statistics - A multiple choice test consists of 60 questions. Each question has ...
- Statistics - A student guesses blindly on a 20-question multiple choice test. If...
- stadistic - If a student randomly guesses at 15 multiple-choice questions, find ...
- Discrete Math - A multiple choice test consists of eight questions, each of ...
- stats - a student randomly guesses at five multiple-choice questions, each ...
- Statistics - A multiple choice test has 24 questions each having 4 possible ...