Posted by Tonya on Monday, March 22, 2010 at 7:19am.
Mazie counted her dimes. When she put them in groups of 4, she had 2 left over. When she put them in groups of 5, she had one left over. What is the smallest number of dimes she could have, if she has more than 10
- 3rd grade - Rinzin, Monday, March 22, 2010 at 7:33am
- 3rd grade - Tonya, Monday, March 22, 2010 at 7:56am
how did you come up with this answer
- 3rd grade - SraJMcGin, Monday, March 22, 2010 at 10:41am
It looks like Rinzin made 3 piles of 4 = 12 and with 2 over - 14. If you only made 2 piles of 4 = 8 with 2 over = 10
BUT the "rules" say more than 10.
Now, if you take 2 piles to 5 (10) with 1 left over = 11.
- 3rd grade - SraJMcGin, Monday, March 22, 2010 at 10:46am
IF, however it is the same amount of dimes and you can do BOTH things:
11 piles of 4 = 44 + 2 = 46 and then
9 piles of 5 = 45 + 1 = 46
The answer must be 46.
- 3rd grade - bianca, Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 8:32pm
- 3rd grade - siva, Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 10:19am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Maize counted her dime.when she put them in groups of 4 ,she had two ...
- Math - Maxie counted her dimes,when she put them in a groups of 4 she had 2 left...
- Maths - marie puts dimes in groups of 4 with 2 dimes left over. When she puts ...
- algebra - a farmer is taking her eggs to market in her cart, but she hits a ...
- Math 1350 - When Mike sorts his marbles, he notices that if he put them in ...
- Algebra - You are playing with a pile of beads and notice if you put them in ...
- Math - I'm having alot of problems with the problem. I don't want the answer but...
- math - Abel Save a 43 more nickels than dimes. After he spents 17 dimes, he had ...
- Math - Abel Save a 43 more nickels than dimes. After he spents 17 dimes, he had ...
- 4th grade - i am a two-digit number over 50. when you put me in groups of seven...