Posted by larry on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:58pm.
what makes "God's World" a powerful poem? i don't know please help
i think it's powerful because it's descibing how the world looks like.
i really don't know. need help
O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!
Thy winds, thy wide grey skies!
Thy mists that roll and rise!
Thy woods this autumn day, that ache and sag
And all but cry with colour! That gaunt crag
To crush! To lift the lean of that black bluff!
World, World, I cannot get thee close enough!
Long have I known a glory in it all,
But never knew I this;
Here such a passion is
As stretcheth me apart, -- Lord, I do fear
Thou'st made the world too beautiful this year;
My soul is all but out of me, -- let fall
No burning leaf; prithee, let no bird call.
please and thank you
- english: poem - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 7:00pm
Doesn't the poem bring vivid images to your mind? Doesn't evoke passion and awe?
- english: poem - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 7:24pm
What in nature makes you say "WOW"!!!
What goes through your mind when you see/hear/smell/ feel that WOW.
Can you apply that to this poem?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english: poem - can someone tell me what emotion is this poem is expressing? i ...
- literature/peotry - why did e. e. cummings write the poem Mariann Morre --M in a...
- world history - 11. Which of the following is not one of the new thoughts of or ...
- world history - Which of the following is not one of the new thoughts of or ...
- english-poem - Need some help! i understand mostly this poem but can someone ...
- English - Do you know a lot about literary terms? I know it is when a poem or ...
- reading - Below is the last stanza of a poem, "Dover Beach," written in 1876 by ...
- world history - Who was the most well trained and powerful military force in the...
- social studies - After world War ll the world's two powerful nations were the ...
- informal Logic - God must exist for there can be no other explanation for the ...