Posted by larry on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:43pm.
do you think this poem's emotion is optimistic?
Calgary 2 A.M.
In spite of the fact that it's twenty below
and winter has gone on for five long months,
in spite of being starved, starved almost to death
for greenness and warmth, flowers and birds,
in spite of the deadness of endless classrooms,
shopping centres, television shows,
in spite of the pains in the gut, the migraines,
the wakings, the palpitations,
in spite of a guilty knowledge of laziness,
of failure to meet some obligations,
in spite of all these things, and more,
I have to report that the moon tonight
is filling the house with a wild blueness,
my children grow, excel, are healthy,
my wife is gentle, there are friends,
and once in a while a poem will come.
In spite of the fact that it's twenty below,
tonight I smile. Summer bursts inside me.
please help and thank you
- english: poem - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:44pm
Yes. It's optimistic.
Answer this Question
- English - Can you please tell me if all the alternatives I included are correct...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- english - Has anybody read the poem Calgary 2am? If so, can anyone help me ...
- english - A poem in the 1930-1960's that relates to "How To Kill A Mockingbird"?...
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me? Thank you very much in ...
- English - I need to write a poem in the style of an American romantic poet. I ...
- english/poem/writeteacher - Regarding my poem the teacher doesn't want to follow...
- English - Can you please tell me if the following senences are possible? 1)I'm ...
- poetry - Poem. DayBreak Q.1 Who does the wind address to? Q2. "The night is gone...