Posted by larry on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 5:59pm.
can someone tell me what emotion is this poem is expressing? i read this over but couldn't figure out what this poem is expressing.
O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!
Thy winds, thy wide grey skies!
Thy mists that roll and rise!
Thy woods this autumn day, that ache and sag
And all but cry with colour! That gaunt crag
To crush! To lift the lean of that black bluff!
World, World, I cannot get thee close enough!
Long have I known a glory in it all,
But never knew I this;
Here such a passion is
As stretcheth me apart, -- Lord, I do fear
Thou'st made the world too beautiful this year;
My soul is all but out of me, -- let fall
No burning leaf; prithee, let no bird call.
please help and thank you
- English: poem - Writeacher, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:23pm
- english: poem - larry, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:41pm
any ohter emotions you could think of?
- english: poem - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 6:43pm
Awe and wonder are the emotions that I see.
What emotions do YOU see?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english: poem - what makes "God's World" a powerful poem? i don't know please ...
- English - I wanted to know if I had the right idea. In the poem “To My Dear and...
- Langauge Arts - The poem: Be still, sad heart! and cease repining; Behind the ...
- English - I need help paraphrasing this poem? If thou wilt mighty be, flee from...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- poetry - I have to choose a poem to analyze and it has to be classroom ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- English - What is the rhyme scheme, meter, and stanza form for the poem "The ...
- language arts - Be still, sad heart! and cease repining; Behind the clouds is ...
- Language Arts - Be still, sad heart! and cease repining Behind the clouds id the...