Posted by rfvv on .
1. We should not eat and drink in the library.
2. We should not eat or drink in the library.
(What is the difference between them?)
3. We should not both eat and drink in the library. (Does this mean that we can either eat or drink? Does #3 mean #1?)
4. We should neither eat nor drink in the library. (Does this sentence mean #2?)
1. It's the word "and" = there are 2 things to not do in the library.
2. It's the word "nor" (negative of or) = meaning not to do one of two things.
#3 = yes, but not "either" because it's the negative "neither" = we can not do 1 thing nor the other.