Posted by jojo on Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:56pm.
is the value of 3 nickels and 4 dimes an even number of cents or an odd number of cents
- 4gr math - Yoshida-san, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:02pm
A nickel equates to 5 cents, while a dime equates to 10 cents.
So 3x5= 15 and 4x10 = 40.
45 is an odd number.
- 4gr math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:03pm
3 nickels: 3 * 5 = 0.15
4 dimes: 4 * 10 = 0.40
0.40 + 0.15 = ?
Is that answer odd or even?
- 4gr math - Yoshida-san, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:06pm
Hm... my finger slipped over the 4 instead of five twice...
- 4gr math - jojo, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:43pm
0.40+0.15 is even
so is that the really answer
- 4gr math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:47pm
The even numbers are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
The odd numbers are 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
0.40 + 0.15 = 0.45
Are you sure that 0.45 ends with an even number?
- 4gr math - jojo, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:52pm
no its odd
- 4gr math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:57pm
45 is an odd number
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA - Mae open her coin purse and found pennies,nickels and dimes with a ...
- Math - there are some nickels and dimes in a jar. the number of nickels is one ...
- math - can someone help explain how to do this? allen has nickels dimes and ...
- Math - In a collection of nickels, dimes, and quarters worth &6.90, the ratio of...
- math algebra 1 - There are 4 times as many nickels as dimes in a coin bag. The ...
- math !!!! :O - The cost of making money varies form coin to coin: Pennies: 0.8 ...
- Math - Raul say he has equal number of dimes and quarters and four times as ...
- Math - There are 9 coins in a piggy bank in terms of dimes and nickels and the ...
- math - Bill and Rosa have only nickels and dimes. Rosa has 75 cents and Bill has...
- math - Joe has a collection of nickels and dimes that is worth $6.20. If the ...