Posted by Daqa on Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:48pm.
How much heat is absorbed/released when 35.00 g of NH3(g) reacts in the presence of excess O2(g) to produce NO(g) and H2O(l) according to the following chemical equation?
Chemistry - Daqa, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:05pm
i got 601.1 are released is that right?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:10pm
Is that 1168 kJ/mole or 1168 kJ/reaction?
And is the problem not telling whether it is absorbed/released on purpose?
Chemistry - Daqa, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:14pm
yeah it just says rleased/absorbed i guess that's what they want you to find out im not sure what you mean by 1168 kJ/mole or 1168 kJ/reaction?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:34pm
Is that 1168 kJ for the reaction (4 moles NH3 or 68 grams) or kJ/mol (for 17 grams).
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, March 19, 2010 at 9:43pm
Yes, 601 kJ is right and it is released; i.e., the 1168 is -1168 kJ for the reaction as written.
1168 x (35.0/68) = 601 kJ released or delta H = -601 kJ.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - How much heat is absorbed/released when 20.00 g of NH2 reacts in the...
- college chemistry - how many L @STP if oxygen are needed to produce 45.0 grams ...
- Chemistry - How many liters of nitrogen oxide at STP are produced from the ...
- Chemistry - How much water would be formed if 3.00 mol NH3 reacted with excess ...
- stoichiometry - in an attempt to to provide a means of generation of NO cheaply...
- Chemistry - (1)Aluminum reacts with oxygen to produce aluminum oxide according ...
- Chemisty - In an experiment, 6.25 g of NH3 are allowed to react with 8.50 g of ...
- chemistry - A chemist mixes 96.8 g of ammonia, NH3, with 188 L of O2 at STP. How...
- chemistry - how many moles of NH3 does it take to make 8.0 mol of H20 according ...
- chemistry - 1. A solution of sodium oxalate has a pH of 7.82. The [OH-] in mol/L...