Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:23pm.
Can someone please tell me what this means: Secretive, not deceptive. She doesnt want to be comnfromed.
And this: I love New York on summer afternoons when everyone's away. There's something very sensuous about it - overripe, as if all sorts of funny fruits were going to fall into your hands.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:31pm
Please check this spelling, "comnfromed."
New York in August is hot and humid -- and there are few crowds. The author finds the atmosphere almost sexy and languorous,
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:40pm
Oh sorry the word was conformed, i spelt it wrong in my book
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:49pm
The word "conformed" doesn't make much sense to me in this context. I suggest, though, that you study dictionary definitions of "secretive" and "deceptive" to see the differences between these two words.
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:11pm
Secritive is when someone doesnt reveal some information and keeps it to themself, down low.
deceptive means misleading
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:12pm
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:20pm
Is it possible that the last sentence of that part is "She doesn't want to conform"?
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 9:54pm
No not really. It doesnt exactly make sense. It doesnt tell us what exactly she doesnt want to conform.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Does anyone know any good quotes about Jordan Baker and Myrtle Wilson ...
- English 8R - Homework Check - Part 2 - Here's the second one: Please check to ...
- English - I'm sorry, I just need a subject suggestion for an English Essay. It's...
- English - Hi for my english short story im writing about fingerprinting ...
- Travel and Tourism - I'm going to New York City for a school trip next April. Do...
- english - Can you please tell me if the sentence in quotation marks is the topic...
- English - Below is the last stanza of a poem, "Dover Beach," written in 1876 by ...
- french - "a destination de New York" means the plane is going to New York or ...
- Reading - Ah, love, let us be true To one another! for the world, which seems To...
- book - tell me your favorite book and what about it is. I have to take a survey...