Posted by kirk on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 10:14am.
The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured
in karats (K), where 24K represents pure gold. The mark 14K
on a chain indicates that the ratio between the mass of the
gold in the chain and the mass of the chain is . If a gold
ring is marked 18K and it weighs 0.4 oz, what is the value of
the gold in the ring if pure gold is valued at $300 per oz?
- math - drwls, Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 10:34am
18K gold is 18/24 = 75% gold, by mass.
A 0.4 oz 18K ring therefore contains 0.3 oz of gold.
Multiply 0.3 oz by $300/oz for the gold value in the ring. The other 0.1 oz is probably copper of negligible value.
That is a rather outdated question. Gold is worth $1100/oz these days.
- GOLD DUST FOR SALE - BENSON IMO, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 4:17am
GOLD DUST FOR SALE
Dear Sir/ Madam,
We are small scale Gold miners here on the sub-region of West Africa. We have some huge
quantity of alluvial Gold Dust for sale at a considerable price of $30,500USD per kilo
which is below world market price, 22 carat and 92.05% purity. If you are interested, do
not hesitate to get back to us as soon as possible for us to give you our full co-operate
MR BENSON IMO
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Adut education - The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured in ...
- Algebra - The purity of gold is measured in karats. Twenty-four karat gold is ...
- Algebra 2 - The purity of gold is measured in karats. Twenty-four karat gold is ...
- difference between 10k, 14k, 18k gold - I am in the process of ordering a class ...
- Chemistry - From the jewelry descriptions given, select the homogeneous mixture...
- chemistry - From the jewelry descriptions given, select the homogeneous mixture ...
- Chemistry - The relative amount of gold in an alloy is commonly expressed in ...
- Chemistry - Consider a piece of gold jewelry that weighs 9.81 g and has a volume...
- Science - How many number of gold atom are present in 0.6 gm of 18 carat gold....
- physics - The British Sovereign coin is an alloy of gold and copper having a ...