Posted by Lisa on Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:01pm.
A man earned $ 3000 the first year he worked. If he received a raise of $ 400 at the end of each year,
what was his salary during the 15 th year?
A) $ 8600 B) None of these C) $ 5600 D) $ 9000
- Math - please someone else provide assistance too please, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:20pm
3000+ 400n where n = # of year
n=1 (first year) 3000+400n = 3000 +400(1) = 3400
n= 15 (15th year) 3000+ 400(15) = 3000+ 6000 = 9000
maybe this is rite?
- Math - Lisa, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:29pm
Thanks, I think this is correct. I n elp w/ the concepts.
- Math - Reiny, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:35pm
during 1st year = 3000
during 2nd year = 3000 + 1(400)
during 3rd year = 3000 + 2(400)
during 15th year = 3000 + 14(400) = 8600
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math 156 - A man earned $3000 the first year he worked. if he received a raise ...
- Math - Jerry earned $18,500 one year and then received a 10.5% raise. What is ...
- algebra - Tom and Jerry were offered similar jobs at competing companies. Sony ...
- math - Jacie is considering a job that offers a monthly starting salary of $...
- math - Sally Rogers, an employee of Advanced Ideas, Inc. has a gross salary of $...
- mATH part 1 - Sally Rogers, an employee of Advanced Ideas, Inc. has a gross ...
- math 156 - a worker makes 30000 a year. after 1 year he gets a raise of 5%. the ...
- PreCalculas help - Suppose you sign a contract for an annual salary of $50,000 ...
- math - Kip and Celia began working for the same company in 1997. Celia earned $...
- math - Justine earned $25,000 during the first year of her job at city hall. ...