Posted by Bakr on Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:47am.
Hey, i am not doing good in my English 102 class, my professor says i address my writing prompt in the wrong direction. So i was hoping if someone can help break down my writing prompt, and give me a direction to write my essay.
The fictional story, "Young Goodman Brown", by Nathanial Hawthorne, as well as the essays "Time Lines" by Lewis Lapham, "Why We are Infidels" by E.L. Doctorow, and "Imagine There's No Heaven" by Salman Rushdie all address issues of belief, both religious and secular. Are the questions raised by Young Goodman Brown relevant today? Would the writers of the essays agree that they are relevant today? Tell why or why not, keeping in mind that the different essayists may have different views.
A strategy for pursuing this assignment: Consider the issues of belief raised in various readings we have had in class, including the essays "Time Lines" by Lewis Lapham, "Why We are Infidels" by E.L. Doctorow, and "Imagine There's No Heaven" by Salman Rushdie. What arguments did they make? How did they "prove" them? Can you think of counter-arguments to their thesis? What are they? Again, address these in your journals.
If you can tell me what i should write about and how i should write it. It will be greatly appreciated.
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:10pm
First, answer the question with your point of view: Are the questions raised by Young Goodman Brown relevant today?
Next, answer the next two questions.
The second paragraph spells out how to approach this assignment.
English - Bakr, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 1:10pm
but what are the questions raised by young Goodman brown i still don't understand that
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 1:57pm
This summary and analysis may help you.
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 2:14pm
social studies - Anonymous, Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 6:12pm
i needed help on my 3 paragraph essay and i didn't know how to start the introduction im in the 6th grade.
English - Jillian, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 1:57pm
I need to know what the summary of Imagine There Is No Heaven by Rushdie.I don't understand it at all
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Writing - This is regarding to the tenure prompt. So you are saying that my ...
- English - My prompt is: Explain, in an essay with a thesis, why student papers ...
- essay writing - ok well... my prompt is what is the artist's responsibility to ...
- English - So for the summer I had to read cat's eye by Margaret Atwood and this ...
- critique my reflection paper - i revised it and found my mistakes.. ignore my ...
- critique my reflection paper - first of all, im an ESL English student so bear ...
- Writing - Please give me an ACT prompt.
- AP English 11 - Tomorrow in class, we have to write an essay about the play "The...
- writing (persuasive essay) - Hi. I'm in 10th grade and our teacher assigned us a...
- english - what could be the image of someone writing very bad, i mean we can ...