Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 11:32pm.
A 25.00 ml sample of a standard solution containing 1 g of CaCO3/L required 25.20 ml of EDTA to fully complex the Ca present. Calculate the volume of EDTA stoichiometrically equivalent to 1.0 mg of CaCO3.
From the volume of EDTA required in titrating the sample, calculate the equivalent mass of CaCO3 in the aliquot of sample titrated.
Volume of sample: 100 ml
Volume of CaCO3 taken: 25.0 mL
Volume EDTA added: 3.225 mL
Volume EDTA needed for 25 ml CaCO3 :25.20 mL
Volume EDTA needed for sample alone: 3.2225 mL
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 11:40pm
Do you have two problems or one problem here?
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 11:46pm
It's two problems.
The first one I got 1.01 mL EDTA.
Oh, it's 25.00 ml sample of a standard solution containing 1 mg of CaCO3/L.
The second problem, I'm not sure how to approach it.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:24am
I am totally confused about the concn. I don't know if it is 1 g/L as in the original post or if the 1 mg/L is a correction.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, March 15, 2010 at 12:34am
I'm sorry, it's a correction.
- Chemistry - anon, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 1:59am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A 15.00 ml sample of a standard solution containing 1 g of CaCO3/L ...
- analytical chemistry - A solution containing both Fe 3+ and Al 3+ can be ...
- analytical chemistry - An EDTA solution is standardized against a solution of ...
- chemistry - 25 ml of SHW containing CaCO3 1 g/L consumes 12 ml of EDTA. 25 ml ...
- Chemistry - Calculate the volume of EDTA stoichiometrically equivalent to 1.0 mg...
- Analytical chemistry - A 25.0-mL solution of 0.0660 M EDTA was added to a 33.0-...
- chemistry - A 100.0 mL sample of hard water is titrated with the EDTA solution ...
- chemistry - A 0.4515 g sample of pure CaCO3 was transferred to a 500 mL ...
- Chemistry - An EDTA solution is standardised against high-purity CaCO3 by ...
- analytical chemistry - In an experiment for determining water hardness, 75.00 ml...