Posted by Elizabeth on Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 1:14pm.
Find the area of the circle described. Use pi= 22/7.
7th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 1:21pm
Area = pi * r^2
Radius = 0.7 or 7/10
A = 22/7 * 49/100
A = 1078/700
A = 1 54/100 = 1 27/50 square centimeters
7th Grade Math - shr=er, Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 4:39am
the circumference of a circle and the perimeter of a square are both 40 cm. which has a greater are.the circle or the square?find the circumference
7th Grade Math shr=er - PsyDAG, Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 12:03pm
First, if you have a question, it is much better to put it in as a separate post in <Post a New Question> rather than attaching it to a previous question, where it is more likely to be overlooked.
Second, you have already stated the circumference of the circle.
If the perimeter of a square = 40 cm, each side must 10 cm, giving you an area 10*10 = 100 cm.
Circle circumference = π d = 40, where d = diameter
Therefore d = 40/π
Circle area = 1/4 π d^2 = 1/4 π (40/π)^2
Insert d value from first equation into the second, solve for area and compare to square area.
7th Grade Math - hello, Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 7:19pm
if its the diamater you just cut that in half to make the radius then you do that times pie which is 3.14 or 22/7. you welcome(:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Find the area of the partial circle, use 22/7 for pi. 1.) radius = 27 cm ...
- Physics - I have to design a laboratory activity to answer the question, "What ...
- 7th grade algebra - Find the area of the circle with the given circumference C ...
- 8th grade math - circle A has a raduis that is twice the length og the raduis of...
- math - A circle has an area of 25 pi cm^2.If a circle is drawn within that ...
- summer math hw - one circle has a diameter of 10 inches. a second circle has a ...
- MATH HELP PLEASE - You are given two different circles. The diameter of the ...
- 7th grade - if I have the circumference of a circle how do I find the diameter, ...
- math - grade 7 - determine the diameter of a circle with a radius of 4.26m. ...
- Math - The radius of the larger circle is 9cm. The diameter of the smaller ...