Posted by Teisha on Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 12:18am.
1. What pressure would be needed to compress 25.1 mL of hydrogen at 1.01 atm to 25% of its original volume?
2. If the pressure on a 1.04-L sample of gas is doubled at constant temperature, what will be the new volume of the gas?
3. A 1.04-L sample of gas at 759 mm Hg pressure is expanded until its volume is 2.24 L. What will be the pressure in the expanded gas sample (at constant temperature)?
4. What pressure would have to be applied to a 27.2-mL sample of gas at 25 degrees celsius and 1.00 atm to compress its volume to 1.00 mL without a change in temperature?
5. How would you describe absolute zero?
6. A favorite demonstration in introductory chemistry is to illustrate how the volume of a gas is affected by temperature by blowing up a balloon at room temperature and then placing the balloon into a container of dry ice or liquid nitrogen (both of which are very cold). Suppose a balloon containing 1.15 L of air at 25.2 degrees Celsius is placed into a flask containing liquid nitrogen at -78.5 degrees celsius. What will the volume of the sample become (at constant pressure)?
7.Suppose a 1.25 L of argon is cooled from 291 K to 78 K. What will be the new volume of the argon sample?
8. Suppose a gas sample is cooled from 600 K to 300 K. Ho will the new volume of the gas be related to its original volume?
9. Th label of an aerosol spray can contains a warning that the can should not be heated to over 130 degrees F because of the danger of explosion due to the pressure increase as it is heated. Calculate the potential volume of the gas contained in 500-mL aerosol can when it is heated from 25 degrees C to 54 degrees C (approx. 130 degrees F) assuming a constant pressure.
10. A sample of gas has a volume of 127 mL in a boiling water bath at 100 degrees celsius. Calculate the volume of the sample of gas 10 degrees celsius intervals after the heat source is turned off and the gas sample begins to cool down to eh temperature of the laboratory, 20 degrees celsius.
11. At conditions of constant temperature and pressure, the volume of a sample of ideal gas is _____ proportional to the number of moles of gas present.
12. A mathematical expression that summarizes Avogadro's law is ________.
13. If 0.105 mol of helium gas occupies a volume of 2.35 L at a certain temperature and pressure, what volume would 0.337 mol of helium occupy under the same conditions?
14. If 1.00 mol of helium occupies a volume of 22.4 L at 273 K at 1.00 atm, what volume will 1.00 g of helium will occupy under the same conditions?
15. If 3.25 mol of argon gas occupies a volume if 100. L at a particular and temperature and pressure, what volume does 14.15 mol of argon occupy under the same conditions?
16. If 2.71 g of argon gas occupies a volume of 4.21 L, what volume will 1.29 mol of argon occupy under the same conditions?
17. If gaseous mixture is made of 2.41 g of He and 2.79 g of Ne in an evacuated 1.04-L container at 25 degrees celsius, what will be the partial pressure of each gas and the total pressure in the container?
18. A tank contains a mixture of 3.0 mol of N2, 2.0 mol of O2, and 1.0 mol of CO2 at 25 degrees celsius and a total pressure of 10.0 atm. Calculate the partial pressure (in torr) of each gas in the mixture.
19. How many moles of helium gas would be required 2.14-L container to a pressure of 759 mm Hg at 25 degrees celsius? How many moles of neon gas would be required to fill a similar tank to the same pressure at 25 degrees celsius?
20. Calculate what mass of argon gas is required to fill a 20.4-L container to a pressure of 1.09 atm at 25 degrees celsius.
21. What is the pressure in a 245-L tank that contains 5.21 kg of helium at 27 degrees celsius?
22. What mass of helium gas is needed to pressurize a 100.0-L tank to a 255 atm at 25 degrees celsius? What mass of oxygen gas would be needed to pressurize a similar tank to the same specifications?
23. At what temperature will a 1.0 g sample of neon gas exert a pressure of 500. torr in a 5.0 L container?
Answer this Question
chem - If I initially have a gas at a pressure of 13.5 atm, a volume of 2300 mL...
Chem - what would be the partial pressure of N2 gas over water at 22*C and 721 ...
Chem - i dont get this ?.......If the weather forecast stated that the pressure ...
Chem Help! - I really need help with this question for my chem H.W. 1) On a ...
thermal physics - An automobile tire has a volume of 1.60 x 10-2 m3 and contains...
chem - the pressure 15 meters under water is 248 kPa what is the pressure in atm...
chem :( - If a gas is cooled from 323.0 K to 273.15 K and the volume is kept ...
chem - If a gas is cooled from 323.0 K to 273.15 K and the volume is kept ...
gen chem - what would Qc be if the pressure of the container decreased by a ...
Chem - A gas at a pressure of 1 atm, a volume of 1 , and a temperature of 25 C. ...