Posted by Devaughn on Monday, March 8, 2010 at 9:05am.
1)The branches of rivers within a delta are called:(a)tributaries(b)confluences(c)distributaries(d)meanders
2)All of the following are conditions that m,ust be met so that deltas may form except:(a)steep drop in the sea floor(b)area protected from strong ocean currents(c)shallow seas(d)substantial river load reaching the sea
3)One of the most recent benefits of the mountaneous region of some Caribbean islands,with their numerous rivers is:(a)logging and recreation(b)miniong for fold and water sports(c)eco-tourism and recreationn(d)hiking and hunting
4)The wide looping curves which are formed along parts of courses os some rivers are called:(a)meanders(b)flood plains(c)river bluffs(d)ox-bow lakes
5)natural banks which are sometimes built up by a river along edges of its channel are called:(a)river bluffs(b)river cliffs(c)levees(d)slip-off slopes
6)A delta is a :(a)wide river mouth wehere tides are experienced(b)long narrow arm of the sea from the submergence of a glaciated valley(c)fan-shaped piecve of land at the mouth of a river,resulting from deposition by the river(d)funnel-shaped drowned river valley
7)What causes deferred junctions on rivers flood plains?:(a)swamps(b)ox-bow lakes(c)raised river beds(d)river cliffs
8)Which of the following is correct sequence in the formation of an ox-bow lake?:(a)meander,cut-off,narrow of neck of meander,flooding(b)meander,narrow neck of meander,flooding,cut-off(c)cxut-off,flooding,narrow neck of meander,meander(d)narrow neck of meander,cut-off,flooding,meander
9)Why would residents continue to live on the flood plain of rivers?:(i)flood occfurs on an annual basis(ii)floods occur on monthly basis(iii)there is ease of communication on flat lands(iv)there is less need for irrigation of fields
(a)i and ii(b)i and iii(c)ii and iii(d)i and iv
10)Rivers in the Caribbean are used for all of the following except(a)transport(b)electricity(c)recreatioin(d)irrigation
11)The upper course of river hav the best potential for:(a)irrigate fields(b)supply domestic water(c)transport logs(d)communication gaps
12)The features shown by contours is:(a)an escarpment(b)a river valley(c)a spur(d)a ridge
- GEOGRAPHY - Writeacher, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 9:46am
You need to look up the different terms at one of these websites. Then let us know what YOU THINK each answer is, and someone here will let you know if you're correct or not.
- GEOGRAPHY - Devaughn, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 10:02am
I think 1,2,6,7 12 are A
3,4,11 are B
9 and 10 are d
- GEOGRAPHY - Writeacher, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 10:25am
1 - no
2 - yes
3 - spelling is weird; I don't understand all the choices
4 - yes
5 - What's the difference between a and b?
6 - no
7 - no - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazoo_stream
8 - ?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox-bow_lake
9 - re-think
10 - no
11 - Not sure; a and c could be true, too.
12 - Not sure; could be b and d also.
- GEOGRAPHY - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 11:01am
3. I believe is correct.
4. I think this is wrong.
9. I believe d is correct.
I agree with the rest of Writeacher's answers.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - 1. Rivers that flow into larger bodies of water are called ...
- geography - what are the branches of the river within the delta called?
- geography - the wide looping curves which are found along parts of the courses ...
- geography - what is a narrow arm of the sea at the mouth of a river where the ...
- Science - Which evidence from the sea floor shows that tectonic plates move? a) ...
- geography - 1. The mouth of the Parana River is located in Argentina. In what ...
- chemistry - Consider the following reaction at 298 K: C(graphite) +2Cl2 (g...
- Geography - 5. Although politically united with England since 1907, Scotland has...
- Science - 1. Describe the landscape of the ocean floor. 2. (a) What is the Mid-...
- science - Which evidence from the sea floor shows that tectonic plates move? A) ...